Friday, September 10, 2010

40 for Pennsic XL

At Pennsic this year, I got a little drunk at the Baron's Beer Bash and came up with an awful idea. Next year is Pennsic 40, and so I thought it would be awesome to have 40 fencers from Windmaster's Hill. I proceeded to tell their excellencies this idea which ended up in the plan being 40 fencers, 40 heavy fighters, and 40 A&S exhibits for Pennsic XL. 40 for XL as it were.

Since this is all my fault, I'm going to be doing all three. Fencing has pretty much been my thing in the SCA, so I've got that one covered. While I do dabble in making things and have managed decent garb in this last year, I'm going to need to improve my sewing and brewing this year in order to make something I want to submit for an A&S exhibit next year. Perhaps that would be an opportunity to make the buckler I've been planning? As for heavy fighting, I already have most of the armor I need, and I've started showing up on Tuesdays to let his Excellency beat me with a stick for coming up with such a crazy idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment